The track will be setup this weekend starting around Saturday at 12:00pm through Sunday. Feel free to stop out and practice if you want.
Well I got to the track a little late this morning. The track was already together. The run line has been increased by around 15-20' depending on where you want to run.
We had nascars and sprints out practicing. In nascar we had a fast lap of 3.795 seconds from Mike L. They'll probably beat that but that was fast lap when I was there.
The track seemed to come around pretty quickly. There will also be open practice this coming Friday with race 1 on Saturday! -Chad
There are some changes to the Nastruck class. They will be using a hand out motor. Please see the Nastruck Motor rules on the Rules page.
Also there are some general rule changes and reminders.
- No more inverted starts inside for all classes. You will start the main where you qualified.
- Everyone MUST use a pit mat or towel. You MUST†clean your table before you leave.
- Registration will close at 11:45am on race days. Make sure you register before 11:45am.
- The track will be closed at 11:45am. This is to ensure racers are ready to begin promptly at 12:00pm. No practice will be allowed from 11:45am-12:00pm.
- There will be no break between rounds 1 and 2.
- There will be a 15 minute break after round 2 to do the resort for round 3. Practice will be open during this time but you better make sure you are ready to go after the break.
- If you are not ready during a heat round we will not wait for you. There is more than enough time to make sure you are ready to go.
- There will be 15-30 minute break after round 3 before the mains. Practice will be open during this time but again, you better be ready for your main.
We need to implement these time rules because days are getting drawn out and everyone wants to finish at a reasonable time. Not to mention some guys come from pretty far away and have a long drive home.
Most important thing to take from this... focus on getting your stuff ready to go first and foremost. If you're ready to go then you can socialize with the other racers.
If you're going to run multiple classes watch the race sheets closely. If you are running back to back make sure you have both cars ready to go before you start your first class. You can prep tires and have batteries charged still in plenty of time, no excuses. When you get done your first class all you should have to do is pick up you second class car, turn it on and put it on the track.
Here is the latest newsletter from Russ!
Results have been posted through Race 6. Also the Nascar class rules have been updated. Be sure to check them out.
Race 4 is this coming Saturday, July 18. We'll be running under the lights. Racing starts at 6pm. Hope to see everyone there!
The new website is currently in the works. I'll be slowly adding back all the past results and all content we had on the old site. Stay tuned.